Saturday, January 5, 2013

Raising My Ebenezer

Isle of Skye, Scotland

1 Samuel 7:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer,[a] saying, “Thus far the Lord has helped us.”


Near where I live is a spit of land that curves out into the sea.  It's a lovely place.  Often I see small piles of rocks that people have left behind.  I don't know their purpose beyond a small statement from someone who wanted to leave their mark.  It wasn't the thing to do when I was a kid on that same spit. Small beach rocks were meant to send spinning and skipping across the water and the larger ones to climb upon.  One day I should go down and set up my own rock, my Ebenezer, acknowledging, like Samuel, that thus far the Lord has been my help.  He has indeed been my help through every one of life's battles and will continue to be so.  

"Come Thou Fount" - David Crowder Band



2 comments:

  1. Here's one you might like, Beanscot:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-AbRWV62fc&feature=share&list=FLGhRlqOhc2FF0WsmGkQQHkQ

    ReplyDelete