Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dancing As Hard As I Can


Colossians 3:23-24
New International Version (NIV)
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Galatians 1:10
New International Version (NIV)
10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Matthew 6:20
New International Version (NIV)
20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.


Mark 12:33
New International Version (NIV)
33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”



When I'm dancing as hard as I can, am I dancing to please God or men?  I would like to say that I'm doing my all for the glory of God but that wouldn't be entirely true.  I do like having my ego stroked.  I really do.  Loving God and His children requires me to lay down my ego at the alter and give myself to Him.  I dance like a princess, when I'm dancing on my Father's feet.


                            "In Your Wind, Take My Life" - Audra Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment