Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My God, My Biographer


Proverbs 1:5
English Standard Version (ESV)
5 Let the wise hear and increase in learning,
    and the one who understands obtain guidance,


I loved this old picture of a bright young lady when I came across it today.  She looks like one who is enjoying learning, or at least enjoys wearing what we'd now call "hipster" glasses.  I wish I knew her life story.  I hope she's enjoyed a rich and full life.  I hope she's come to know Jesus as her Savior.  How could you not look at a child and want a future full of hope for them.  Our trustworthy God has written every chapter in the book of her life, as He has for me.  I should be ashamed or at least embarrassed by how often I've tried to rewrite my own chapters.  This reminds me of the song, "Trust and Obey."  Those songs learned in childhood have a way of sticking with me.  

"Trust and Obey" - Big Daddy Weave



No comments:

Post a Comment