Thursday, July 11, 2013

My God of the Dance


2 Corinthians 3:6
King James Version (KJV)
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.


Ecclesiastes 8:15
New Living Translation (NLT)
15 So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.

Even though I was saved by grace, I did time as a child in a legalistic church.  I wouldn't recommend it.  A community of believers should not be joy killers, but it happens.  I'm thankful still for that church because I loved the people, especially since I could only imagine Heaven with them there.  Even so, along with all the do's and don'ts, a class in dancing would have been good; and I  suspect that there are others like me with conservative church backgrounds who could use dancing lessons as well.  God recommends fun!  His grace is ever amazing!  Cheer up, Christian, it's truly good to be happy.  
"The Shores of Jordan" - Iris Dement


No comments:

Post a Comment