Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Best

Psalm 122

A song of ascents. Of David.

1 I rejoiced with those who said to me,
    “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
1 John 1:7
New International Version (NIV)
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin.


Dad, 
I remember how you used to say that, as a young man, you weren't interested in being a Christian because the women all dressed in long dresses and black stockings with their hair pulled back in a bun.  When I look at these pictures I think maybe you had a point!  It's good that you married a woman who always worked at looking pretty for church; and she helped you look ever so handsome in your suit and tie.  For a man who wore work overalls for most of the week you sure cleaned up nice on Sundays!  Another wonder is how she managed to get all of us kids clean and presentable too!  Mom still looks pretty at church having never given in to the casual dress trend that so many, including myself, have taken up.  As I write I think you must be looking mighty fine in your heavenly garments, perfect and spotless because of the Savior.  The blood of Jesus makes all of the redeemed beautiful in the House of the Lord.
"Nothing But the Blood" - Kathryn Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment