Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Odes of Devotion


Colossians 3:1-4
New International Version (NIV)
Living as Those Made Alive in Christ

3 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
Acts 2:42
New International Version (NIV)
The Fellowship of the Believers

42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
I've been wondering tonight where I place my devotion.  Too often it is on the things of earth rather than the things above.  I've also been learning about the Odes of Solomon, possibly the church's first hymnal.  I suspect the early Christians knew more about devotion to Jesus than many of us today, myself included.  This song is from The Odes Project, which has put music to the words of the ancient poet.
"Like A Crown (Ode 1)






No comments:

Post a Comment