Saturday, July 20, 2013

Riding the Happy Train


Philippians 2:14
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing;

1 Timothy 6:6-7
New International Version (NIV)
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.
Luke 3:14
New International Version (NIV)
14 Then some soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?”

He replied, “Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely—be content with your pay.”


Do all things without grumbling?  Really, God?   All things?   Yes, all things.  I have a small job with an accompanying small salary.  If I think I'm made for better things then shredding paper, God doesn't think so.  The same God who left His throne to suffer Calvary's cross has put me where I am and I should be thankful.  I write should be because, to my shame, I'm not always thankful. In other words, I'm the sour-faced rider on the happy train; and I'd better change my attitude before the conductor tosses me off.  So, right now, I'm thankful that my God has and will continue to forgive a sinner such as me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment