Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My God Walks the Ancient Paths

"Sweet Will of God" - Amy Grant
"Sweet Will Of God"

My stubborn will at last has yielded
I would be thine and thine alone
And this prayer my lips are bringing
Lord, let in me thy will be done

[Chorus:]
Sweet will of God, unfold me closer
Til I am wholely lost in thee
Sweet will of God, still fold me closer
Til I am wholly lost in thee

I am tired of sin, footsore and weary
The darksome path hath dreary grown
But now a light has risen to cheer me
I find in thee my Star, my sun

[Chorus]

Thy precious will, O conquering Savior
Doth now embrace and compass me
The storms have ceased, my peace a river
My soul a prisoned bird set free


Knowing the will of God can confound me until I remember that He has told me His will in the Scriptures.  If what I'm doing is in agreement with the word of God than I am in his will.  When I meander off His path I will soon lose my way.  The ancient paths will always prove true.
Jeremiah 6:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 This is what the Lord says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look;
    ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
    and you will find rest for your souls.
    But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’

No comments:

Post a Comment