Saturday, November 30, 2013

And So It Begins...

Luke 2:14
King James Version (KJV)
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

My husband and I did a little of our own Black Friday shopping today, when we discovered that all donated items at the Goodwill store were half price.  For those who want to know, they'll also be half price tomorrow.  It's been lean times for us; and, judging by how busy the store was, it's been lean times for many people.  It must be harder on people forced into thriftiness that for those who consider thriftiness a virtue.  I fall into the former group and not the latter.  It will be interesting someday to compare the survivors of the great depression with the survivors of the great recession; but not tonight, since I'm growing sleepy.  I do doubt that those who lived through the depression have the same sense of entitlement that we recession survivors do.  They likely accepted their lot in life more readily when it had always been their lot as well as their neighbor's.  Lean times do have me searching out God more than I do in times of prosperity.   That's not an entirely bad thing.  
"Christmas Time Is Here" - Jars of Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment