Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The God I Will See

This Matt Maher song, "Christ is Risen," came to mind tonight, probably because     it was sung during this past Sunday's worship service.  It's a glorious song of our resurrected Lord.  Artists have tried to paint what it must have looked like when Jesus appeared to his disciples on the third day after his crucifixion.  The pictures from my childhood Sunday School are so familiar: Jesus standing in the middle of the disciples as they all calmly examined the nail prints in his hands.  I wonder if it looked more like the artist William Blake's rendering with the disciples fallen prostrate at the feet of Jesus.  I'd like to think that this is where I'd be, overcome with the wonder of my risen Lord.  I'll get my chance in Heaven to kneel fall at his feet; and, unimpeded by sick joints, I'll be able to do so.  Glory!  I will have seen the Lord!
Matt Maher - Christ is Risen


No comments:

Post a Comment