Friday, November 8, 2013

Shine Like A Star


Philippians 2:14-15
New International Version (NIV)
14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”[a] Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky
Matthew 5:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.


Oh snap, you mean I can't be a shining star unless I'm good?  Really, I can't argue or grumble?  It's hard to shine like a star when you feel like popping like a firecracker.  When I think about how long a star shines in comparison to a short-fused firecracker, I'd rather be a star.  I forget so easily that it's not all about me, but about my Jesus.  He made me for a purpose and that is to glorify Him.  Stars create and generate their own light and burn out when they run out of fuel.  In the same way we who have been saved by grace are required to do and not just be in order to keep our own lights shining.  Living the Christian life is not easy or effortless, but we are on the Victor's side.
  
Now I just need to take all my sinful, angry thoughts to the One who saved a wretch like me and leave them there; so this forgiven child can shine on. 
"This Little Light of Mine" - Addison Road
  


No comments:

Post a Comment