Sunday, November 17, 2013

Joyful Noises and Singing Stones


Psalm 150:1-6
English Standard Version (ESV)
Let Everything Praise the Lord

150 Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heavens![a]
2 Praise him for his mighty deeds;
    praise him according to his excellent greatness!
3 Praise him with trumpet sound;
    praise him with lute and harp!
4 Praise him with tambourine and dance;
    praise him with strings and pipe!
5 Praise him with sounding cymbals;
    praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!
Psalm 100:1-2
English Standard Version (ESV)
His Steadfast Love Endures Forever

A Psalm for giving thanks.

100 Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
2     Serve the Lord with gladness!
    Come into his presence with singing!
Luke 19:40
New International Version (NIV)
40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”


I wasn't blessed with a good singing voice or a talent for instruments.  Still God calls me to come into his presence with singing and playing musical instruments.  Does playing songs on my iPad count?  I doubt it.  So I'll lift the voice God gave me up in song knowing that I'm in his presence, though still hoping that I'll be blessed with perfect pitch and a sense of rhythm in Heaven and dance even.  I'd really love to see a Heaven full of dancing church ladies and deacons.  
"Singing Stone" - Rhett Walker Band

No comments:

Post a Comment