Saturday, November 23, 2013

Let the Little Children Come

Ft. Worth school children laughing and smiling, as the wait for John F. Kennedy to drive by- Fort Worth Star Telegram
Matthew 19:14
New International Version (NIV)
14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Genesis 50:20
English Standard Version (ESV)
20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people[a] should be kept alive, as they are today.

John 15:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Today my son found me watching the History Channel's programs marking the anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.  He seemed to understand my interest when I explained that this date for my generation was similar to what 9/11 was for his.  They were both national tragedies that played out on television.  They were both days that would forever mark the children of those times.  
I could write more, but it's late.  Sleep peacefully, children, God's good always overcomes man's evil.  Aspire to be strong and courageous, honorable and virtuous.  Most of all love the Lord, you God, with all you heart, soul, and mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment