Monday, November 11, 2013

My God of All Generations

Psalm 73:26
New International Version (NIV)
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.
Psalm 100:5
English Standard Version (ESV)
5 For the Lord is good;
    his steadfast love endures forever,
    and his faithfulness to all generations.
Luke 1:50
English Standard Version (ESV)
50 And his mercy is for those who fear him
    from generation to generation.
Psalm 103:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 But from everlasting to everlasting
    the Lord’s love is with those who fear him,
    and his righteousness with their children’s children—



This Veterans Day my husband and I drove out to the cemetery where my great-grandparents and grandparents are buried.  My grandfather, an experienced logger, served as a private in the United States Army during World War 1 felling trees for the production of airplanes.  It was an honorable service that thankfully kept him out of the trenches in Europe.  His only son, my dad, did serve in World War 2 and his grandsons served during the Vietnam War.  Grandpa experienced great tragedy as well as great joy during his lifetime; and as I walked the hill where his body is buried and thought about his life, I knew once again the faithfulness of our God from generation to generation.  The same God that walked with him also walks with me.  
I'm going to love seeing him again.
"God Walks the Dark Hills" - Iris Dement



No comments:

Post a Comment