Friday, December 6, 2013

Because I Resemble This


Proverbs 24:17
New International Version (NIV)
Saying 28

17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls;
    when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice,
Luke 6:27-31
New International Version (NIV)
Love for Enemies

27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

How easy it is for me to be as foolish as a snowman who doesn't realize the sun will shine on him too!  It would be so much better if I would be willing to walk on fire for another's  sake rather than to gloat over his calamity.  I can take it.  My God is for me.  His love will carry me through.  
Isaiah 43:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;

    the flames will not set you ablaze.
"Oh To Be Loved" - Thad Cockrell


No comments:

Post a Comment