Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pardon Me, My Jerk is Showing

snark·y
ˈsnärkē/
adjectiveinformal
1.
(of a person, words, or a mood) sharply critical; cutting; snide.
"the kid who makes snarky remarks in class"
James 1:19
English Standard Version (ESV)
Hearing and Doing the Word

19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;
Philippians 2:14
English Standard Version (ESV)
14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing,
2 Corinthians 7:10
New International Version (NIV)

10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
The graduation speaker was a wise woman.  She admonished the class not to be jerks.  I guess I'm still being schooled, because today I let a flash of anger lead to ungracious words; and I've been alternating between pure snarkiness and genuine sorrow since.  In other words I've been a conflicted jerk.  Sigh.  May my repentance be real and may God have the victory.
Before the Throne - Sojourn

No comments:

Post a Comment