Sunday, December 29, 2013

My Search and Rescue God





Psalm 121:7-8
New International Version (NIV)
7 The Lord will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;
8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.
Psalm 61:1-4
New International Version (NIV)
Psalm 61[a]
For the director of music. With stringed instruments. Of David.

1 Hear my cry, O God;
    listen to my prayer.
2 From the ends of the earth I call to you,
    I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the foe.
4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
    and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.[b]
I can worry about the people I love when they're out of my sight, as if my God is somehow not capable of taking care of His own, as if I know them better than He does.  But He can and does; and I really should know by now that this is true, oh, beanscot of little faith.
I once stood helplessly by when a member of my hiking party literally slid off the snowy mountainside.  It was a difficult rescue accomplished by people suddenly called upon to be brave and selfless.  Still there was a moment when the victim was at the bottom of the mountain with no one but God.  Then she called out and was heard.  I am thankful for those who are God in the flesh when the need arises and am ever thankful that my God never leaves us to rescue ourselves.  The better choice is to never stray so far from God that He needs to send out a rescue party.   Been there?  Done that?  Walk closer to God.
"Just A Closer Walk" - Bifrost Arts


No comments:

Post a Comment