Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Lessons

Galatians 6:6
English Standard Version (ESV)
6 Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches.
1 Corinthians 10:11
English Standard Version (ESV)
11 Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.

I've been thinking of lessons that are learned at Christmas, such as never ask for a baby doll that's bigger than you.  Give your wife your Christmas list before she goes shopping is another.  Remember where you store your electrical cords from year to year or you'll be running out to buy more.  This is important if you have a husband who will move cords and even light bulbs from lamp to lamp as the need arises.  Finally, never ever reveal the location of your battery stash to the young man who lives in your house but doesn't want to be blogged about and who also happens to be a heavy user of electronics.  I wasn't sure I'd have enough juice in my mouse to blog tonight and now I'll have to find a new place to hide them.  I'm glad, however, that he's still living under my roof because he does come in handy for more than heavy lifting and cleaning up pet messes.  If I don't learn how the TV remote operates before he leaves home for college, I'll be in a heap of trouble.  He has been telling me about a TV system that is voice operated, but then I say I already have one and call out his name loudly as I helplessly hold up the remote.  
"That Spirit of Christmas" - Sidewalk Prophets

No comments:

Post a Comment