Monday, December 16, 2013

Mom and God's Mysterious Ways

James 1:17
English Standard Version (ESV)
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.[a]
I don't think there was a book I loved better at Christmas time then the Sears and Roebuck Wish Book, although if asked I probably would have answered the Bible to make the grownups happy.  The catalog was the stuff of dreams and momentous decisions.  My siblings and I would circle and put our names by each desire of our hearts.   I even remember thoughtfully adding up the costs for my parents on one of its pages.  We didn't sit on Santa's lap and tell him what we wanted, instead we went straight to the source, Sears.   What I didn't know then was that we were doing exactly as my mother wanted, because she would take the catalog straight to the Sears store and place her order.  I only knew the wonder of finding dreams fulfilled under the tree.  As they were wealthy in children but short in change, how my parents funded the purchases is still a mystery to me.   As it was in my mother's kingdom so it is in God's.  Take your burdens, hopes  and desires straight to the Source, because God still moves in mysterious ways.
Indelible Grace: God Moves in a Mysterious Way 
from Indelible Grace VI: Joy Beyond the Sorrow

lyrics:
1. God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders
to perform. He plants his footsteps on the sea,
And rides upon the storm.

2. Ye fearful saints fresh courage take, The
clouds you so much dread, Are big with mercy,
and shall break, With blessings on your head.

3. Judge not the Lord by feeble sense, But trust
him for his grace. Behind a frowning providence,
He hides a smiling face.

4. His purposes will ripen fast, Unfolding every
hour. The bud may have a bitter taste, But sweet
will be the flower.

5. Blind unbelief is sure to err, And scan His
work in vain. God is His own interpreter, And He
will make it plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment