Saturday, June 7, 2014

But I Really Am Sick!

Psalm 34:17-20
English Standard Version (ESV)
17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears
    and delivers them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
    and saves the crushed in spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
    but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
20 He keeps all his bones;
    not one of them is broken.
Deuteronomy 31:6
English Standard Version (ESV)
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
I was given an opportunity yesterday to defend my invisible illnesses, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia.  It's hard for others to understand what can't be seen leaving me wishing I could wear my joints and muscles on the outside of my body to prove that I'm really sick.  I don't fake being sick but I must be pretty good at faking being well.  Sigh.  I need to just accept that I'll have to explain without expecting that I'll be understood.  God knows.  It is enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment