Thursday, June 12, 2014

Rich Beyond Measure

Luc-Olivier Merson - Rest On the Flight to Egypt- 1880

Matthew 8:20
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
20 Jesus *said to him, “The foxes have holes and the birds of the [a]air have [b]nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”
Hillary Clinton's has backpedaled on her recent comments about being "dead broke" when she and President Clinton left the White House and rightfully so.  I think she has yet to know what it really means to be dead broke as do I, although I somewhat righteously think I probably understand it better.  By this country's standards, my family and I are poor, but by God's standards, I am rich beyond measure.  I don't always remember that when I'm wondering where the grocery money will come from; and, after losing our home during the Great Recession, paying our rent now is a cause most dear to me.  God's provision isn't always what I want it to be or believe it ought to be.  Today my iPad broke and already I am missing it.  It's been my crutch, my entertainment, since the rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis.  It keeps me company when I'm waiting, something I often do now that illness has slowed me down.  So now I'm bemoaning that there is no money to replace it now or in the foreseeable future.  Today I saw a picture of homeless children in India being taught in a free school under a bridge.  Dead broke?  No iPad?  I am rich beyond measure.
Sigh.  I know I'm still going to miss my iPad.
  
You Did Not Have a Home (feat.Shane Bernard) - Bethany Dillon


No comments:

Post a Comment