Sunday, June 1, 2014

Called to Love


John 13:34
New International Version (NIV)
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
Matthew 28:16-20
New International Version (NIV)
The Great Commission
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Ephesians 6:10-12
New International Version (NIV)
The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Living in a culture that decries moral absolutes, where sin abounds, and righteousness pales, I too often find it easier to judge than to love; and this is contrary to what God asks of me, to love as I have been loved.  God's laws can't be put to a vote and what He calls sin will always be sin.  There is no exchanging the whole armor of God for a rainbow gown, because the armor is needed to stand God's ground when Satan attacks.  What I need to remember is this: I'm fighting the devil and his forces, not flesh and blood created in the image of God.  I am called to love and make disciples, or, as TobyMac sings, "to speak life."
TobyMac - Speak Life

No comments:

Post a Comment