Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Keeping A Heavenly Mind In An Earthbound Body

Galatians 2:20
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and [a]the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
John 16:33
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
33 These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
Colossians 3:2
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
2 [a]Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.


I don't live an enviable life.  I don't have the wealth, health or beauty that society tells me I should have; and there have been griefs, some known only to God, that I call my joys unspeakable.  What the world would see as a lack, I expect God calls it my gain, because it keeps me from being too fond of the life I live on this side of eternity.  My desire is to live for Jesus who lives in me and is keeping me until that day I see Him face to face; and I pray that I can be used in this life to bring others into His kingdom.  I think the that old saying should be reversed.  We should be so heavenly minded that we are of earthly good.  I like the Toby Mac song that asks, "Where would I be without you?"
TobyMac - Me Without You (Official Lyric Video)


\

No comments:

Post a Comment