Sunday, June 29, 2014

Of Horses, Chariots, and Texas


Psalm 20:7New International Version (NIV)
7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
    but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
We're still in the car repair business here in the house of the level path.  I'm not sure when we will all have wheels again, but we're learning to share, which is good.  It's not as bad as it can get when we're all trying to use the one bathroom that we now have; although I think it would be less of a problem If my family would understand that the oldest and only woman in the house should have priority.  I'm not sure where I'm going with this post but I'll finish what I started.  I'm thankful to have something to share and people to share with.  So I am reminded of Psalm 68:6: 
6 God sets the lonely in families,[a]
    he leads out the prisoners with singing;
    but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
I have no desire to live in a sun-scorched land.  I've been there and done that. We called it Texas. 
Gene Autry - Deep in the Heart of Texas (from Heart of the Rio Grande 1942)



No comments:

Post a Comment