Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Of Death, Life and Roses

1 Corinthians 13:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1 Corinthians 15:55-57
New International Version (NIV)
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
    Where, O death, is your sting?”[a]
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
A red rose has bloomed on the other side of my frosted bathroom window.  Even distorted by the glass it is beautiful.  Still I can't touch it, smell it, or see it in its glorious beauty as long as I remain separated by a window I don't open for the needed privacy the glass affords.  In this life I am separated from fulling seeing my Lord in all His glory, and He will be glorious in a way incomprehensible to me with my puny, mortal imaginings.  So I look to that day when I will see my Jesus face to face.  He will shatter the glass and secure my victory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment