Sunday, June 29, 2014

Of Sins, Grace and Ice Cream

Philippians 4:8English Standard Version (ESV)
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
2 Chronicles 7:14King James Version (KJV)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
My husband had the news playing on the TV as I sat down at my computer.  In a very short time I could hear stories on right-to-die, same-sex marriage, and legalized marijuana.  Sigh.  I do live in one of the more liberal states in the Union.    It makes me long for a time when the citizens of this country tried to be good according to God's laws, instead of writing laws to accommodate their own desires.  I know that all theses things took place even back in the good old days, but at least it wasn't celebrated.  We even felt shame; and it's not a bad thing to be ashamed of sins, because it makes us so deeply and profoundly  grateful that those sins are forgiven by God's amazing grace.  As I'm so often in rebellion against God myself, I will be forever thankful that Jesus paid for my sins.  
So let us think on good things, things worthy of praise...like ice cream.  The news also just told me it's going to be a warm day tomorrow so ice cream will indeed be lovely.  
Chris Tomlin - Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)

No comments:

Post a Comment