Sunday, September 27, 2015

He's Calling

Acts 2:38-39 New International Version (NIV)
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

Matthew 9:13 New International Version (NIV)
13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Matthew 22:9 New International Version (NIV)
9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

John 7:37 New International Version (NIV)
37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.

I spent eight hours today, tethered to a phone by way of a headset, answering all callers.  It was work! My appreciation of God's communication system has grown even more.  I am old enough to remember the black rotary dial phone in my childhood home's dining room.  Then there was the other wall phone at the top of the stairs that was shared by my whole gang of siblings.  There was no individual cell phones, no texting and no privacy.  The contact list was what was scribbled on the as yet not painted wall next to the phone.  It was also our time keeper.  We could call the Time Lady to hear her say, "At the tone the time will be..."  The times have changed, although I'm still catching up.  (One day I will learn how to text.)  God's word, on the other hand, never changes and I will never catch up.  He still has much to show me in His word.  When He calls, it is for me, as it is also for you.
I'm wondering now if they're will be my dream of a pink princess phone of my very own in my mansion in Heaven.  
Jesus Is Calling - Crowder


No comments:

Post a Comment