Saturday, December 19, 2015

Better Than Hallmark



John 1:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth

My husband called to me tonight to see a house on a Hallmark Christmas movie, "It looks like your old house!" And it did.  It was as if the large white Victorian house from my childhood was made over into a Christmas card, complete with the three bay windows perfect for showcasing the Christmas tree.  Christmas did have a way of making that drafty old house beautiful.  My childhood home is only a few blocks away from this house of the level path, but it stands empty, taken off the market for now, looking ever so lonely.  It reminds me of how a soul looks without God dwelling within.  This Christmas invite Him in.  It will be even better than a Hallmark movie.  

Christmas Is Coming - Jason Gray


No comments:

Post a Comment