Thursday, December 10, 2015

Treasures of the Heart

Luke 2:19 English Standard Version (ESV)
19 But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.

My husband and I watched last night an almost too real episode of "The Middle" featuring an epic meltdown when a computer snafu deleted seven years of digital family photos, followed by the realization that the real snapshots were in a box that couldn't be found.  Afterwards, I found my husband digging out our stash of pre-digital, film snapshots, including the ones of the young man who doesn't want to be blogged about when he was a little lamb in the Christmas program.  In this age where so called bad photos can be easily deleted, cropped and photoshopped; the old film snapshots are sweet, funny, often embarrassing, and almost always wonderful.  In the photo above, the solemn faced sisters with their dolls, the youngest almost completely out of the picture, makes me smile.  (As the youngest daughter myself, I can really identify.)  So I'm glad we watched "The Middle," because it's good to know where those memories were kept.  
It was important to Mary also, who kept those things not in a box but in her heart, the best place of all to store what we treasure.  

That Spirit of Christmas - Sidewalk Prophets 

No comments:

Post a Comment