Thursday, December 3, 2015

Never Forgotten


Isaiah 49:15-16 New International Version (NIV)

15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
    and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
    I will not forget you!
16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
    your walls are ever before me.

Philippians 4:11-13 New International Version (NIV)
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

This week I have been given, and I am choosing to see it as a gift, full-time work.  Even though I'm in a cubicle, I'm thankful that my new cubicle has a window.  Even though I still hurt from Rheumatoid Arthritis and other issues, I'm thankful for my paid health insurance.  Even though it's not an exciting or enviable job, I'm thankful that it's a job, something hard to find at my age.  Even though it doesn't pay well, it does pay.  Finally, even though I'm located in the farthest recess of my company, My God doesn't forget me.  I'm engraved on the palms of His hands, and my cubicle walls are ever before Him.
You can call me Cubicle Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment