Thursday, December 17, 2015

Don't Turn Him Away

Luc Olivier Merson, The Arrival in Bethlehem (1897)
Isaiah 7:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you[a] a sign: The virgin[b] will conceive and give birth to a son, and[c] will call him Immanuel.[d]

Luke 2:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

I'd like to think that I'd be the one not forgetting what the prophet foretold; and because of that I'd give Joseph and pregnant Mary a room, and even give them my own bed.  Surely I'd choose to sleep in the stall for their comfort and honor, but maybe not, I enjoy my own comfort so that I'm more likely to be the one to go back to my bed and miss that first Christmas.  Prepare a place for the Savior in your heart and you'll never miss Christmas again.

Rest (The Song of the Innkeeper) - Official Lyric Video - Jason Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment