Monday, February 22, 2016

Keep It Clean


Psalm 19:14 New Living Translation (NLT)
14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

The news pundits have been speaking about American anger in the political arena, and it does seem to be so; but this anger also seems to have been simmering for some time in all areas of our society; especially if we consider the language we use.  We have become ugly and profane, where we should be thankful.  We demand rights rather than seek blessings.  When profanity replaces decency we are all diminished.  I've heard it out of the mouths of our leaders as well as our children.  It's a rare day to not be assaulted by it, and I have to wonder where all the mothers were when their quota of soap bars was being passed out.  My mother certainly had soap and wasn't afraid to use it!   Sigh.  It starts with me.  I am responsible for my own language and that of my household.  The dog may be barking but I don't believe he's swearing! 

Gaither Vocal Band - Let It Start In Me (Live)
Gaither VEVO 


No comments:

Post a Comment