Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Yes, I'd Rather

Mark 8:36 King James Version (KJV)
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Matthew 16:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Yes, I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold, and I'd rather be his than have riches untold.  I can really sing it.  There are still times, however, when I wish the words of this  song would turn the rather than's into in additions to.  I want Jesus in addition to silver and gold, riches untold, and houses or lands.  Yes, I can be that shallow.  Father, help me to desire you above all else. 

Thank you to George Beverly Shea's mother who left this poem on the piano for George to find.  Sometimes mothers know best.

George Beverly Shea - I'd Rather Have Jesus



No comments:

Post a Comment