Thursday, February 4, 2016

Prisoner of Hope

Zechariah 9:11-12 English Standard Version (ESV)
11 As for you also, because of the blood of my covenant with you,
    I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit.
12 Return to your stronghold, O prisoners of hope;
    today I declare that I will restore to you double.

Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Romans 8:24-25 New International Version (NIV)
24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

 I've been considering what it means to be a prisoner of hope.  How to be a prisoner of fear, I know too well, those self-made bars I hide behind to protect me from from God's plans for my life.   How much better to be a prisoner of hope.  One who waits in eager expectation for God's promise to be fulfilled.  Fear is not from God, but hope is.  Father help me to wait patiently for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment