Monday, February 29, 2016

Send The Light

Psalm 43:3 New International Version (NIV)
3 Send me your light and your faithful care,
    let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain,
    to the place where you dwell.

The last movie I saw in the theater was "The Finest Hours," the story based on the real heroic Coast Guard rescue at sea, the harsh night the Pendleton oil tanker split in half during a nor'easter in 1952.  The review I read before seeing it found fault with the movie being squeaky clean; but that just made me more interested in seeing it.  We don't see enough of that coming out of Hollywood these days.  I ended up reading the book it was based on and found out the the truth was even cleaner and God's hand on the men clearer.  The hero, a minister's son, and his crew sang "Rock of Ages" just as they were about to cross the dangerous bar.  Disney left that out of the movie.  Michael J. Tougias and Casey Sherman’s 2010 book The Finest Hours: The True Story of the U.S. Coast Guard’s Most Daring Sea Rescue was worth the read.   Lights in the darkness were life saving in this story.  The light of Jesus in this dark world is soul saving.  
Rock of Ages - Newfound Road 

Send the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment