Saturday, March 29, 2014

Children of the Promise

John Everett Millais, The Return of the Dove to the Ark
Hebrews 11:7
New International Version (NIV)
7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.
Genesis 6:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
Acts 2:38-39
New International Version (NIV)
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
I don't plan to see the movie, "Noah," that just came out in the theaters, because I don't want to replace the story that God has taught me in His word with the one Hollywood wants to sell.  I am thankful, however, that the movie has called me to make this decision, because it has had me rereading this beloved story of God's mercy and His blessed promise.  Tonight I find myself the keeper of all the animals in this house of the level path: two dogs missing their masters, a senile cat crying for attention, and fish that I have to keep alive for the young man who lives in our house but doesn't want to be blogged about.  It's been raining and the dogs don't want to go outside.  I'm not complaining, though, because my house isn't afloat and the animals aren't multiplying.  I'm a child of the promise as are all of us.  God is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment