Sunday, March 9, 2014

Jesus Lives!

John 3:16
English Standard Version (ESV)
For God So Loved the World

16 “For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:36
King James Version (KJV)
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
And I'm so glad!  My salvation was sure and real for me even at a young age, because I had asked Jesus into my heart.  A sister and I once practiced a special number for church, "He Lives!"  I loved it, even though my talent for singing was dubious.   Something happened and our song was cancelled but it's probably just as well.  I may have embarrassed my sister terribly, since she could carry a tune.  My singing in church since then has always been done in the pews; although, I've done plenty of singing in my car or at home alone.    I still love the hymn, so I'll sing it along with Alan Jackson.   And if you ask me how I know He lives, I'll answer with all sincerity and certainty, "He lives within my heart."
Alan Jackson - He Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment