Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Way Home

Hebrews 11:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
Hebrews 13:14
New International Version (NIV)
14 For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.
Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny ~ C.S.Lewis

The shallow end of the pool is not where one learns to swim.  Mountains can't be climbed or valleys crossed unless a step is taken.  But life is scary.  It can seem too deep, too tall or too wide, but never to God.   As for me, I don't boldly go where no one has gone before; instead I chose to stand like a child "frozen" in a game of tag, with no one to unstick me.  Fear does that and more.  I know I'll eventually reach Heaven and home; but I'd like to get there panting with exertion, not idling with inertia.  I like this Crooked Still song, "Wading Deep Waters,"  because it tells me how to get Home.  

I am wading deep waters trying to get home
Lord, I am wading deep waters trying to get home
I am wading deep waters
Wading deep waters
Wading deep waters trying to get home

I am climbing high mountains trying to get home
Lord, I am climbing high mountains trying to get home
Lord, I am climbing high mountains
Climbing high mountains
Climbing high mountains trying to get home

I am walking deep valleys trying to get home
Lord, I am walking deep valleys trying to get home
I am walking deep valleys
Walking deep valleys
Walking deep valleys trying to get home

I am wading deep waters trying to get home
Lord, I am wading deep waters trying to get home
Lord, I am wading deep waters
Wading deep waters
Wading deep waters trying to get home

Trying to get home
Trying to get home
Trying to get home
Trying to get home




No comments:

Post a Comment