Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mom's Potato Soup

Proverbs 31:25-30
English Standard Version (ESV)
25 Strength and dignity are her clothing,
    and she laughs at the time to come.
26 She opens her mouth with wisdom,
    and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
27 She looks well to the ways of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children rise up and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women have done excellently,
    but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
 I made potato soup yesterday, not knowing how much I'd need it.  When my mother made potato soup for all of us, it usually meant that payday was still too far away.   I didn't like Mom's soup.  I never appreciated how far she had to stretch a meal to feed us.  Now our own payday is too far away and like my mother I made potato soup.  It surprised me that I liked it.  In fact, I'm still enjoying that pot of soup.  It's especially good for the cold I'm sharing with my husband, who just got back from buying juice for me at the store.  He's a good man, but he's not my mom.  There's just nothing like a mom's comfort when you're sick, and I have a good mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment