Monday, March 3, 2014

My God Who Governs All


Isaiah 9:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 40:23-24
New International Version (NIV)
23 He brings princes to naught
    and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.
24 No sooner are they planted,
    no sooner are they sown,
    no sooner do they take root in the ground,
than he blows on them and they wither,
    and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff.
John 16:33
New International Version (NIV)
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Joshua 1:9
New International Version (NIV)
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Revelation 21:4
New International Version (NIV)
4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[a] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

My heart has been burdened by the events in the Ukraine.  If mine is burdened so, how much more burdened must be the Saviors?  I want what I perceive to be right to prevail, although I know that in this world it may not.  The government of this world belongs to Jesus and not to me; and His steps are not mine to direct.   Still I can pray.  So I pray all who are involved may seek and find guidance from the Wonderful Counselor.  May the nations be in awe of His might.  May His children find shelter and comfort in the arms of their eternal Father.   May allegiance be given to the only Prince of Peace.  
Be strong.  Be courageous.  Take heart.
After the Storm - Mumford & Sons 





No comments:

Post a Comment