Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Time of Singing

Spring Song by Mabel Rollins Harris
Song of Solomon 2:11-12
English Standard Version (ESV)
11 for behold, the winter is past;
    the rain is over and gone.
12 The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing[a] has come,
and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land.
It's warming up a little.  Buds are appearing on our bushes outside our front door.  Today the pets wanted to go outside and take in some sun.  My body's clock is still suffering from Daylight Savings Times, but I think I could get used to this and even like it.  Maybe it's time to scour the house and make sure all Christmas decorations are finally put away.  I don't know what other people's Spring rituals are but this one needs to be done.  The bucket of straw that made do as our blow mold Baby Jesus cradle is still out front.  Perhaps my husband is waiting to put Easter eggs in it, so I can admire his foresight instead of begging him to carry it out of sight.  All is well.  It's time to sing of Spring.
Morning Has Broken - Michael Card

No comments:

Post a Comment