Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A Sparrow Most Valuable

Matthew 6:26 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

26 Look at the birds of the [a]air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?

Colossians 3:23 English Standard Version (ESV)
23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

Today I was told at the end of my workday that I looked tired.   And so I was.  Working with chronic pain has a way of doing that to one's appearance, especially after a hard day as it was today.  So I smile and agree, because I am tired.  What I can't say, however, in a secular workplace that I can carry on because the Lord, who values and provides for me, also sustains me.  It's good to work for the Lord and not for men.  He pays better too with His grace upon grace.
Sparrow - Audrey Assad





No comments:

Post a Comment