Friday, January 22, 2016

Pull Up A Chair and Rest Awhile

Matthew 11:28-30 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
28 “Come to Me, all [a]who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is [b]easy and My burden is light.”

With my combined auto-immune diseases, I really like a good chair; and, if the chair reclines, I like it even more.  Today work was hard, especially with the annoying, even embarrassing, brain fog that appears at the most inopportune times, a part of my illnesses that is most unwelcome.  Tonight this scripture passage came to mind.  It is as if Jesus said, "Pull up a chair and rest awhile.  Let me sweep away the fog."  
I believe I will.  Thank you, Lord.  I need a little time out.

Jamie Grace the young woman who sings "Come To Me" started her battle with Tourette Syndrome when she was only nine.  You can read her story at imafighter.org.  

Come To Me (Official Music Video) - Jamie Grace

  

No comments:

Post a Comment