Friday, January 29, 2016

Becoming Beautiful

Romans 11:33 English Standard Version (ESV)
33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

Job 5:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
9 Who does great and unsearchable things,
[a]Wonders without number.

Ecclesiastes 8:17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
17 and I saw every work of God, I concluded that man cannot discover the work which has been done under the sun. Even though man should seek laboriously, he will not discover; and though the wise man should say, “I know,” he cannot discover.

I am relieved to know that there are things beyond my understanding and also  that God can be trusted with that knowledge.  I simply have to learn and appreciate what He has set before me.  It's easier to do when what it is lovely and beautiful in my world view, harder to do when it's not so.  God doesn't spare me from trials and griefs; and He doesn't turn difficult people away from my path, even when it is the desperate desire of my heart that He would.  He is in the process of making everything beautiful for His children, including me.  I'll have an eternity to get those tough questions answered.  Yes, I can wait, maybe not always happily or contentedly; but I can wait.

Dolly Parton & Willie Nelson - Everything's Beautiful (In It's Own Way)

No comments:

Post a Comment