Sunday, January 24, 2016

Every Head Bowed, Every Eye Closed

Acts 2:41-42 King James Version (KJV)

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
I wasn't raised in a Southern church but I was raised Baptist, so my spiritual growth came with altar calls, potluck suppers, revival preachers and public baptisms.  It might be why I so enjoyed the Mercyland Vol. 2 album and it's song, "I See That Hand" by The Lone Bellow.  I'm thankful that Phil Madeira of Mercyland Records gave me permission to upload it to Youtube.  

2 comments:

  1. I've been transplanted to the South. There is nothing like a Southern church! I attend a small to medium-sized United Methodist congregation. I first became acquainted with your YouTube channel (is that the right term?) when I was looking for "What Wondrous Love is This." I didn't realize you had a blog too! Just made this discovery last week! Let me say, "I appreciate you!" God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I lived in Texas for enough years to appreciate Southern churches as well, and long enough for my son to claim bragging rights as a born Texan. : )

    ReplyDelete