Friday, January 8, 2016

Great Sinner, Great Savior

Malmström, August (b,1829)- Cookie Jar

1 Corinthians 10:13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Hebrews 2:18 English Standard Version (ESV)
18 For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

1 John 2:1 English Standard Version (ESV)
Christ Our Advocate
2 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Acts 3:19 New International Version (NIV)
19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Romans 3:23 English Standard Version (ESV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

I wish all my sins were as cute as this girl with her hands in the cookie jar, but they're not.  They're ugly, detestable, vile and rebellious acts against Jesus Christ the righteous, whose own blood was shed so that I might be forgiven.  Knowing this, how weak am I that I still go on sinning?  Knowing this, how great is God that he still forgives?  Pretty great, I'd say!  Pretty great!  


No comments:

Post a Comment