Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My Jesus Who Comforts

John 14:1-3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Jesus Comforts His Disciples
14 “Do not let your heart be troubled; [a]believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

John 14:26 English Standard Version (ESV)
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

John 14:27 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
27 Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

I don't know if there's anyone who's never lost a night's sleep over worries.  If there is such a blessed soul, I've never met him.  Jesus, knowing our nature, took time to instruct but also comfort his disciples before his crucifixion, and I find comfort in His words.  The late Rich Mullins recorded a song from this passage of Scripture on "The Jesus Record."  Released ten months after his death by the Ragamuffin band, the song has Michael W. Smith filling in on the vocals along with Rich Mullins.  
Sleep well.

That Where I Am, There You Rich Mullins





No comments:

Post a Comment