Monday, January 25, 2016

Fill'er Up!

Romans 10:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
9 [a]that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Acts 22:16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
16 Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.’

Hebrews 2:3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3 how will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? [a]After it was at the first spoken through the Lord, it was confirmed to us by those who heard,

I do miss that young man who doesn't want to be blogged about and now lives in a dorm.  When he was here for his winter break, he gassed my tank for me whenever it was low, so much so I think it spoiled me.  I actually, stupidly, ran out of gas last week on the way home from work.  I called home but my husband was already heading to his second job; and the dog doesn't have his own phone; so I walked. Walking with rheumatoid arthritis hurts. 

Crossing as a pedestrian the same bridge I usually drive over, I noticed someone had covered the rails with numerous stickers encouraging people not to take their own lives, so many that I was concerned that my own slow walk and pained expression might leave the impression I was considering that option; and as much as I wanted to stop and rest, I kept going.  One of those notes said, "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem," and so it is.  Ignoring your spiritual need for Christ, however, is a temporary solution for a permanent sin problem.  Only Jesus can wash them away.
  
Nothing But the Blood - Kathryn Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment