Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Baby Changes Everything







As the Faith Hill song says, "A baby changes everything."  My husband loves that song.  A long awaited baby after years of infertility most definitely changed things for us.  I am so thankful for the miracle that is our son, a child that the doctor told me to expect to miscarry.   I nearly did.  What I would have missed if I had indeed lost him while he was yet in the womb!   My mother told me that she had to go to God when she became pregnant with me her sixth child so soon after her fifth.   She soon accepted that I was part of God's plan for her life.  Even though I had to endure an older brother who tried to convince me I was adopted, his fifth sister, I was loved and the family made room.  Eventually my brother did get the brother he wanted too; and though he did dethrone me as the baby of the family, it was good for me to lose the title.
 
A baby, Jesus, God made flesh, came to redeem us from our sins.  Immanuel, God with us, gets to keep the title.   Make room in your heart for Jesus.

For my husband I'll share the song.





No comments:

Post a Comment