Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fast Away The Old Year Passes



Today is the first day of the last moth of the year, and I'm welcoming it with a winter cold. It has not gone down as my favorite year thus far.   It wasn't easy having our house foreclosed on.   It still isn't easy.   I live in the same neighborhood as my old home so I occasionally torture myself by driving by it.  It's been sold and a new family lives there now.   The monthly payments are less than what our current monthly rent.  (Sometimes I also torture myself by looking up such information on my computer.)  After many, many months of begging the bank for a home loan modification, I marvel that the new owners are paying what we could have afforded!  Sometimes I want to yell, "God what were you thinking?"  Then I am reminded:

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
I Thessalonians 5:18 (KJV)

My parents and my Sunday School teachers did well to put so many Bible verses in my heart.   My mother's favorite

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28 (KJV)

I did think, when I was a girl, because all the times that she was called on to use it, that Mom's favorite verse must have been,

and be sure that your sin will find you out.  Numbers 32:23b

So as I occupy this tiny rental home under the willow tree, I need to take a moment to give thanks to a God who has blessed me beyond what I have deserved.   This is the first day of the last month of the year, the month we celebrate my Savior's birth.   My sins are forgiven and my forever home is with Him.



How Can I Keep From Singing - SHeDAISY



No comments:

Post a Comment